The Pilsen Historical Underground
Visit the Pilsen Historical Underground, which is an inseparable part of the history and present day of the town of Pilsen.
We will take you through a labyrinth of passageways, cellars and wells built below Pilsen as early as from the 14th Century.
During the tour you will get to see life below the town and uncover the secrets of authentic finds and nooks and crannies that are hidden underground.
You will find out how the underground originated, and see for yourself in how many different ways it was utilised.
Thanks to the exhibits and displayed finds, you will be immersed in the history of the town and the everyday life of its citizens in the Middle Ages.
On the tour you will receive a unique beer coin, in exchange for which at select Pilsen restaurants you can taste the beer specialty Master semi-dark (only for those aged 18 or over).
Treat yourself and your loved ones to a present from our gift shop.
Practical information about the tour
- The length of the tour is around 50 minutes.
- The tour is possible only with a guide and the group can be no larger than 20 persons.
- On the tour you can borrow an audio guide offered in Czech, English, German, Russian, French and Dutch.
- Times of tours are constantly updated according to visitor interest. We recommend you check these times before visiting.
- We recommend visitors wear warm clothing at any time of the year as the temperature underground stays around +6 °C.
- Parking is offered for free on the premises of the Pilsner Urquell brewery (around 10 min. on foot) or for a fee in the Na Rychtářce car park (2 mins’ walk).
We care for your safety, therefore
- Children younger than 3 are not allowed on the tour of the Pilsen Historical underground.
- Entry in ladies’ shoes with high or narrow heels is not advisable.
- For the entire tour it is necessary to wear the safety helmet that we will lend you together with a hygienic hair net.